Home Improvement is the key to success with building equity in your home. But the biggest question most homeowners have is which home improvement ideas will pay off the most?
In today’s post we will break down which home improvements will pay off and make a smart investments for your financial future.
Most Realtors will tell you that kitchens and bathrooms are the two areas of any home where you can really tell if the homeowner has spent money well there or not.
When renovating your kitchen you should do the following:
1. Create a focal point in your kitchen by adding a backsplash.
2. Add more usable space by adding an island or shelf or pullout drawers.
3. Change the color of the kitchen by choosing one or more colors.
4. Refinish cupboards and replace fixtures.
Update the bathrooms in your home by doing the following:
1. Remove all carpeting from your bathrooms. Carpeting in bathrooms is generally considered to be unsanitary by most people and adding a vinyl, wood, linenolum or tile floor will make your bathroom feel cleaner and even more spacious as well.
2. Consider using recycled glass tile in your bathroom. This will help to give your bathroom a freshly updated look and even make your bathroom appear “underwater”.
3. Use subway tile to break up bold color and add contrasting colors in your bathroom.
4. Install a multi-head shower. This will give your bathroom a sense of luxury and comfort that you can only get from most hotels.
5. Frame your mirrors. This is by far one of the easiest and most cost effect renovations which can change the look of any bathroom and upgrade its appearance.
Make over your front yard by adding new plants, reseeding your front yard and adding pavers to create paths and multiple ways for people to get from the curb to your front door.
Replace Your Furnace or Air Conditioner Unit
Besides helping your home to be more energy efficient, replacing your furnace and air conditioning unit will also reap “rewards” for you in the future if you decide to sell your home. Most buyers will be thankful that you replaced your HVAC unit because that means they won’t have to replace one or both units after they move in, thus saving them thousands in future costs.
To learn more tips which will help to increase your home’s value or to view homes for sale across Orange County contact Fred Sed & Associates today by calling us at (949) 272-0125.